AACN certification exams are administered through our testing service partner, PSI, by appointment only. You can schedule your exam appointment immediately upon receipt of the email from AACN confirming your successful exam application ― or any other time within your testing eligibility period. You must schedule your exam appointment at least 24 hours before your desired exam date.
We’ve compiled the following information to help you schedule your certification exam.
An email confirming your certification exam eligibility will be sent to you after you successfully apply for your exam.
- This email from AACN will serve as your authorization-to-test (ATT).
- Please review your confirmation email to ensure you are registered for the correct exam. Promptly notify AACN Customer Care of any error, since your exam type cannot be changed at the time of testing.
- If you do not receive your confirmation email after applying for an exam, please contact AACN Customer Care at 800-899-2226 or email us at email@example.com.
Making Your Appointment
Certification exam scheduling for computer-based testing is completed online, from either your confirmation email or your AACN customer dashboard.
- Your confirmation email includes a link to schedule your exam appointment. Click on “Manage Application and Exam Appointment,” listed below the exam name. You will be taken to the AACN Scheduling page.
- Alternatively, you may schedule your exam appointment from the Certification area of your AACN customer dashboard. Log in to your dashboard and click on “Certification.” Then, under “My Certifications,” click on “Schedule Exam” below the exam name. You will be taken to the AACN Scheduling page.
- On the AACN Scheduling page, you must select your preferred testing option before selecting an exam date. You may choose between taking the exam at a testing center or through live remote proctoring on your own computer in a quiet, private location.
- After selecting your preferred testing option, you may choose an available date and time for your exam appointment. Testing is offered Monday through Friday, with Saturday appointments available at many testing centers. You must schedule your exam at least 24 hours prior to your desired exam date.
- Once scheduling is complete, you will receive an email from PSI confirming the date and time of your exam. You will also receive a reminder email 72 hours before your exam appointment.
Rescheduling, Cancellations and Extensions
You may reschedule or cancel your exam appointment, as needed, up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled exam date.
- To change your exam appointment, log in to your AACN customer dashboard and click on “Certification.” Under “My Certifications,” select “Manage Appointment” below the exam name. You will be taken to the AACN Scheduling page, where you can choose another appointment.
- Each time you reschedule, you will receive an email from PSI confirming your new exam date and time.
- During your testing eligibility period, you may cancel and log in at a later date to reschedule your exam appointment.
- If you are unable to sit for the exam within your testing eligibility period, you may call AACN Customer Care at 800-899-2226 before your eligibility period expires to request an extension. A $100 extension fee is required.
- If you contact AACN Customer Care to cancel your exam application, you will receive a refund minus a $100 processing fee.
- There are no refunds or extensions granted for missed exam appointments.
Refer to the Certification Exam Policy Handbook for additional details.